TAMPERING, TINKERING AND WINDOW DRESSING… DOES NOTHING FOR The Game, The Show and the Business!
The mother administrator of rugby union continues senselessly adopting suggested changes, recommended revisions YET, ONLY TREATING THE SYMPTOMS (in doing so, you will always have some debris and collateral effects, this has been happening since 1995, the ‘professional’ era) God forbid!
Let me put it simply and bluntly (there is a lot of merit in telling the truth, go and ask those God-fearing Irish Catholics from some of the GPS’.
AN INSTANT SOLUTION:
- A ball carrier is ‘shoulder charged’ by a defender (the offender attacks shoulder, neck and head (all within 20-25 cm distance from each other.
- OUTCOMES: a) Offender gets RED card, and off for 4 weeks. If a second similar offence occurs = 12 weeks off. And the third? = 99 years off (Not allowed to play, coach or administer the game).
- The position ‘vacated’ is immediately occupied by a Reserve from the bench (by this smart action, you preserve the INTEGRITY of the game! Wait, there is more…
- The RED carded offender of ‘ASSAULT’ will face the Local court, and fined a minimum of $20.000 for putting in danger the life of a fellow worker, with the distinct possibility of truncating ‘income’ for his/her family.
- The ‘hurt’ or even slightly affected player MUST BE TAKEN OFF, and AIR-LIFTED OR DRIVEN straight to a clinic or hospital for a CT-Scan and 4 week mandatory observation (No Thespian acts guaranteed!) – There is also a distinctive possibility of and associated Spinal Injury, the rest will be a downward spiral! (What about the families and friends?) Yep, they will go in the ambulance, or the chopper.
Have said it before, “Killed the offending dog, no more rabies”
ANY FRENCH FRIES WITH THAT?
Enrique TOPO Rodriguez
Wallaby Captain 1987 | Triple Rugby Union International (1971-1992)
Founder & General Convener ISSF (iss-forum.net)